Gallo Recreation Center- Weight Room
Welcome back to Gallo Recreation Center- Weight room, we are excited to have you here. We have adjusted our operations and have the following COVID-19 restrictions in place:
Reservations are required to use the facility. Walk-ups will not be allowed entry.
A reservation allows a participant to utilize the weight room facility for an hour and a half. You may make a reservation once a day.
Students must be enrolled in summer school classes or purchase a summer membership to make reservations to use the weight room.
Summer student memberships may be purchased online for $75.
Gallo Recreation- weight room usage and reservation blocks may be canceled, suspended and/or modified if community COVID positivity rates increase.
Capacity is limited to 9 patrons at one time.
All strength and stretching equipment will be spaced at a minim of 6 feet apart or taken out of service if they cannot be spaced appropriately. .
Members are required to sanitize individual pieces of equipment before and after use with provided sanitizing wipes and/or solutions. No sharing of food, drinks, or meals.
At the end of a reservation block (1.5 hours), all equipment will be sanitized by the student staff using EPA approved cleaning products before the next reservation block. The facility will be closed to members during this cleaning.
Equipment use is first come first serve. Please be flexible with equipment usage.
Each patron must present their UCM ID or Membership ID prior to entry.
Each patron must present their UCM Daily Health Screen or answer screening questions prior to entry.
Face coverings are required while in the facility at all times.
Students, faculty and staff are reminded that they should be participating in the campus Asymptomatic Testing Program in order to use University facilities.
Restrooms will be available and daily use lockers.
All patrons will adhere to the posted campus for Universal Requirements for Physical Mitigation and Reduction of the Transmission of COVID-19 found here.
Facility Hours through June 19th, 2021
Only open to current students on an off campus. Starting May 20th, all reservations blocks are open to any student on or off campus.
Monday - Friday
8:00am-9:30am | 10:00am- 11:30am |12:00pm-1:30pm | 2:00pm-3:30pm | 4:00pm-5:30pm | 6:00pm-7:30pm
10:00am-11:30am | 12:00pm-1:30pm
Gallo Recreation center Weight room will be closed May 31st, July 5
Please see the section below for helpful information based on your status with the University:
- Upon arrival to the weight room, please present your CatCard or Membership card for scanning at the Gallo front desk. We are a touchless facility, so please have your barcode ready to be scanned. If your CatCard does not have a barcode on it, don't worry, please use the MobilID for your CatCard. Once you have logged in to the MobilID, please select the Gym to display your barcode.
- Please be prepared to show your UCM Daily Health Screen to gain entry to the facility. If you do not have the UCM Daily Health Screen or did not complete it, our staff will ask you a few questions and take your temperature prior to entry.
- Please follow all directional signs.
- A face covering is required to be worn at all times in the facility.
- Students, faculty and staff are reminded that they should be participating in the campus Asymptomatic Testing Program in order to use University facilities.