UC Merced Diabetes Prevention Program
If you have prediabetes or are at risk for developing type 2 diabetes, the UC Diabetes Prevention Program can help. This free, one-year program for all UC employees and their families teach you how to make meaningful and lasting changes that can drastically reduce your chances of developing diabetes.
Eligibility to Participate
- At least 18 years old
- BMI of 25 or greater (Individuals of Asian descent may have a BMI of 23 or greater)
AND one of the following
- Past diagnosis of gestational diabetes
- Blood test with prediabetes diagnosis in the last year
- A score of 5 or greater according to the Risk Test
Cohort starting September 20th- Mondays at 5:00pm
- Apply here. (Note all previous applicants must complete a new registration form).
- Full class schedule: dpp_schedule_for_monday_5pm.pdf
For more information about DPP, please contact us at: DPP@ucmerced.edu